Thursday, September 22, 2005

You're fired!

I'll admit - I was skeptical about Martha's "The Apprentice" spin-off. But I think she gives it a refreshing new take. I actually liked it quite a bit. There's just one thing I don't get... why don't people watch these shows before they get on them? Or, if they do, it doesn't seem that way sometimes. The egos and over-the-top behavior that you see from adults who are supposed to be among the best out there is incredible.

It happens on all the reality shows. I think people just don't know how they come across. I suppose that's a danger when you have a very high opinion of yourself that's not based on anything concrete. One example is Judge Judy. If the people that appear on that show would just watch one or two episodes before going on a TV show that is watched by millions of people, they would understand the following:

  • Never interrupt Judge Judy.
  • When she asks you a question, answer directly and succinctly.
  • She can tell when you are lying, so DON'T TRY IT.
  • She can also tell when you are exaggerating, so again, DON'T TRY IT.
  • If you piss her off, she is less likely to listen to you, so DON'T PISS HER OFF.
  • Answer, "Yes, ma'am." or "No, ma'am." NOT "yee-ah" or "uh-huh".

    It's quite simple. If you have any sort of case at all, she'll listen and make a pretty fair judgment. If you don't have a case, I don't get why you don't take care of it before making an ass of yourself on national TV over $343.98.
  • 1 comment:

    I am large, I contain multitudes said...

    Keep blogging regularly.